Here are some amazing random cool stuff that I found on the internet this week - just click and enjoy
Thanks for reading!
1. Find your new favourite comic - Here are some to get you started: SMBC, Dinosaur Comics, XKCD, Hark! A Vagrant, Married to the Sea, and QuestionableContent
2. Astronomy Picture of the Day - Stunning photographs of space. Each day a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe is featured, along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.
3. Duo Lingo - The best new way to learn a language. Learn a new language for free. Learning with Duolingo is fun and addictive. Earn points for correct answers, race against the clock, and level up.
4. Lizard Point - Browser-based educational activities. Lizard Point Quizzes are fun, free, interactive map quizzes to help you learn about the world around you. Hundreds of map-based quizzes to help you learn countries, states, cities, physical features and more. The quizzes are great for learners of all ages and are being used by home, elementary, middle and high schools, colleges and universities around the world. Even adults who want to broaden and maintain their knowledge about the world are using Lizard Point Quizzes for a fun way to achieve better comprehension of the news around them.
5. Music Theory - Learn the language of music. Offered are enhanced versions of content for Apple mobile devices. Theory Lessons and Tenuto.
If you have enjoyed this week's brief but carefully curated walk through the web, please feel free to share or forward this email.
Still want more ?
Project Close Checklist
You finally delivered the project and had the go live drinks. The team is now breaking up but there are a few things the project manager needs to do to make sure the project is closed and wrapped up. These are grouped into:
Scope management- did everything get delivered
Risk and issues- what is still outstanding
Financials- did everything get paid ?
Resources- have resources been re assigned ?
Documentation & archiving
Further reading you can check out my blog.
For articles articles on projects, you can read more here.
Video: How to price your project
Project delivery checklist
PMO Project checklist
Starting up a project a checklist of 101 things to think about
You may also find some of the tools and templates that I have used to deliver projects for startups here, including the most popular item in the store, a project quote tool that helps you build a fully costed project commercial model. You can find it here.