Here are some amazing random cool stuff that I found on the internet this week - just click and enjoy
Thanks for reading!
1. The Symphony of Blockchain - Visuals can help you understand even the most complex of technologies. Blockchain and cryptocurrency are all the rage now. The Symphony of Blockchain takes you on an interactive, visual and auditory exploration of what it’s all about. It’s a way to mix online fun with a dose of education.
2. frankenSim - The web toy is a wonderful simulation project by a London based animation studio. Here, you get to play “God” or Victor Frankenstein. The interactive may sound grotesque but it interesting as you manipulate the different organs and see what results. In short, the developers say that this is a musing on how Frankenstein might have experimented with modern web tools.
3. Smithsonian - If you want to learn something useful about history or technology without feeling like you are in a classroom, this is the place to go. The articles are of highest standard using a language which not too academic. It’s one of the best places to spend time internet.
4. Open Culture - This one deals with different cultures around the world and how they evolved and morphed into what we see today.
5. Big Think - It’s a place which shares ideas and insights from the most successful people around the world. You won’t get life-hacks here, but you will get real information. You will learn from the mistakes of the others and their successes too. A good place to get the content from people who know what they are talking about.
If you have enjoyed this week's brief but carefully curated walk through the web, please feel free to share or forward this email.
Still want more ?
Project Close Checklist
You finally delivered the project and had the go live drinks. The team is now breaking up but there are a few things the project manager needs to do to make sure the project is closed and wrapped up. These are grouped into:
Scope management- did everything get delivered
Risk and issues- what is still outstanding
Financials- did everything get paid ?
Resources- have resources been re assigned ?
Documentation & archiving
Further reading you can check out my blog.
For articles articles on projects, you can read more here.
Video: How to price your project
Project delivery checklist
PMO Project checklist
Starting up a project a checklist of 101 things to think about
You may also find some of the tools and templates that I have used to deliver projects for startups here, including the most popular item in the store, a project quote tool that helps you build a fully costed project commercial model. You can find it here.